Tuesday, April 24, 2007

OK Cupid Test Part II

Here is the second page of this politics test: the question, my answer and rationale. Page one can be found here.

Question: I feel guilty when I shop at a large national chain.
Answer: Strongly disagree
Rationale: I'll get my stuff whatever way necessary. If that means a trip to Wal-Mart, so be it.

Question: Social justice should be the foundation of any economic system.
Answer: Strongly disagree
Rationale: I fail to see any reason why these two completely different things should be correlated. An economic system is not the place to enforce social justice.

Question: People shouldn't be allowed to have children they can't provide for.
Answer: Agree
Rationale: This is a tough one. There's no practical way to enforce this, but in theory, it seems sensible. It can't be too accurate a statement though because of personal freedom. Lean agree for the children's sake, but if their was a "pass" here I would take it.

Question: I would defend my property with lethal force.
Answer: Disagree
Rationale: Although he'd get away, my life is really the only thing I'd defend with lethal force. I won't strongly disagree, because it is my stuff and he has no right to it.

Question: The world would be better if there were no huge corporations, just small businesses.
Answer: Disagree
Rationale: I see what they're getting at, so I won't strongly disagree, but corporations are an integral part of the economy--and they provide far more services than small businesses.

Question: Professional athletes are paid too much money.
Answer: Strongly disagree
Rationale: I could write a bunch about this, but the simple answer is market forces.

Tomorrow will cover page 3.

No comments: