Monday, March 27, 2006

Government Perpetrated 9/11 Attacks? BS

Lots of people who think they are important, but really aren't (see, I don't think I'm important, so I don't apply), seem to think that the attacks on September 11, 2001, were caused by the government.

That's bull shit and there's no reason to buy into it unless you specialize in paranoia.

So why do I bring up a supposedly worthless viewpoint that should not be recognized? Well, I have noticed many people believe this, and I discovered (through a message board) a great webpage which, if you read all 9 pages, thoroughly proves that anyone in the crazed anti-government camp is wrong. Any possible claim to "prove" that the government committed the crimes on 9/11 is debunked.

So if you're a conspiracy theorist, consider this one dead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Nate, its your best friend, Eddie here. Great idea, starting a blog that focuses on current events, like what I see so far.

In response to this particular piece, Nathan, I think it is incredibly unfair for you to be judging Americans or anybody else who feel the government may have had a hand on the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Here's the thing about conspiracy theories: it requires the perfect balance of information and ignorance. The basic information has to be out there, but if not enough information, the details so to speak, aren't, and if there are holes and contradictions, then congrats, you've got yourself a conspiracy theory.

My point? If the government would stop transmitting contradictory information that is further ridden with bullet holes, then perhaps the people would be far more trusting of what we are told. Honesty is TRULY the best policy.

Nate said...

I was pretty much provoked when I wrote this piece. I had been on a message board with someone claiming this exact thing with a link to "Loose Change." When they were confronted, they kept spewing ignorance talking about how people who believe anything the government says are "naive" and "stupid." My language was influenced by just a handful of people-who I don't even know-which, I agree, is not quite fair.

Nate said...

In addition, the site I provided (if you click the word "webpage" in the post) is from Popular Mechanics. It is information that is pretty much independent from anything the government has said regarding the issue.